DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
The purpose of this Data Privacy Notice (hereinafter referred to as the "Notice") is to inform data subjects (hereinafter referred to as the "Subjects") about how we collect, store and process their personal data.
1. Entity Responsible for Processing and Principles
The European Truck Racing Association (hereinafter referred to as "ETRA") recognises the importance of keeping Subjects’ data confidential and protecting their privacy rights. Therefore, all personal data and information (hereinafter referred to as "Data") provided in connection with our services will be processed lawfully, fairly, transparently and confidentially.
ETRA will seek Subjects prior and explicit approval when collecting, and before processing, for the purposes of keeping Subjects informed of ETRA activities, or granting Subjects access to documents on ETRA’s website.
By using the services offered by ETRA (hereinafter referred to as the "Services"), and in accordance with the legal provisions in force, Subjects acknowledge that entering into an engagement with ETRA means that they agree to the collection and processing of Data and agree to this Notice.
3. Legal Basis and Purposes of Data Collection and Processing
3.1 Legal Basis
The Subject acknowledges that the collection and processing of Data by ETRA is necessary for providing specific Services the Subject might be using, but also for the preservation of the legitimate interests of ETRA and for the fulfilment of legal obligations incumbent upon ETRA.
The Data is collected and processed by ETRA for the following purposes (hereinafter referred to as "Purposes"):
- ETRA processes the personal data of individuals who enrol to participate in competitions and championships for the purpose of managing registrations and participation to such events.
- Similarly, ETRA collects and processes personal data of contact persons working for providers of services required (e.g. hotels, interpreters, translators, technical companies, etc.) to successfully run meetings and events.
- ETRA processes the personal data of individuals who register to attend meetings or events it organises for the purpose of managing registrations and participation to such events.
- Technical data, on the other hand, is processed automatically and anonymously to improve your browsing experience and collect use statistics.
4. What Data is Collected?
4.1 Type of Data
As part of the Services, ETRA collects the following Data (contemplative, non-exhaustive list) from Subjects:
- Identification data: personal identification data (name, surname, title, etc.).
- Identification data issued by public authorities and other registers: identity cards, passports, driver’s licenses.
- Location data: personal addresses of Subjects.
- Communication and electronic identification data: telephone number, e-mail address.
- Professional data: job title, function.
4.2 Information Collected Directly from Subjects
Most of the time, ETRA does not collect and store information identifying Subjects personally unless that data is voluntarily disclosed.
In some cases, however, ETRA may request such information to provide specific Services.
- Subjects will be required to provide ETRA with some personal information when registering for competitions.
- As external stakeholders, Subjects may be required to provide personal data when registering for ETRA media services or events or otherwise interacting with our website.
4.3 Information Collected from Third Parties - Subcontractors
As part of its Services, ETRA may also collect data from third parties. Data collected from third parties is treated in the same way as Data collected directly from the Subjects (see paragraph 4.2 above).
ETRA may be considered as a processor of personal data in the context of information collected from third parties, according to the applicable regulations. Should this be the case, ETRA will enter into a data processing agreement with the third parties concerned to ensure compliance with the present Notice.
5. Methods of Data Processing and Retention Schedule
Data is processed by ETRA - or by third parties selected on the basis of their reliability and competence, as well as by duly appointed data controllers - solely for the purposes specified in paragraph 3 above.
ETRA retains the Data for as long as necessary for the fulfilment of the Purposes for which it was collected. ETRA will keep data for as long as Subjects continue to be a designated person within an organisation or other entity that ETRA is in contact with for reasons pertaining to championships, events, or research. ETRA also will keep data for as long as Subjects agree to receive our press releases. ETRA will not retain data, when registering for ETRA events beyond their scheduled date.
Similarly, ETRA deletes or anonymises personal data (or takes equivalent measures) as soon as they are no longer necessary to achieve the Purposes, subject however (i) to legal or regulatory requirements applicable to the data retention for a longer period of time, or (ii) to ascertain, exercise and / or defend actual or potential rights in legal proceedings, investigations or similar proceedings, including legal holds that ETRA might impose to preserve relevant information.
Security measures are applied to prevent the risk of loss of data, unlawful or improper use and unauthorised access (see paragraph 8 (Confidentiality, Security and Data Protection) below).
ETRA may evaluate certain characteristics of the Subjects on the basis of automatically processed Data in order, in particular, to offer them personalised offers and advice or information about its Services.
In contrast, ETRA does not use automated decision making in relation to Subjects.
7. Access to Data and Data Transfers
The Data transmitted to ETRA will be known and used by ETRA employees for the sole purpose of performing the Services that constitute the purpose for which the Data was collected.
As part of the performance of the Services, ETRA may transmit the Data to third parties. The transmission of data to third parties abroad is alternatively based on (i) an adequacy decision based on the list of countries whose data protection legal standards are approved by the European Commission, (ii) appropriate safeguards or (iii) a waiver for specific situations (execution of a mandate related to the Services offered by ETRA, in particular).
ETRA does not sell or rent the Data to any third party.
Finally, ETRA may have to share the personal data:
- To put the needed Services at the Subjects disposal;
- Where permitted or required by law to comply with a valid legal process;
- To protect and defend ETRA' rights or property, including the security of its products and services;
- To protect the personal safety, property or other rights of the public, ETRA or its employees.
When ETRA has the legal obligation to disclose Data to third parties, ETRA will take all reasonable steps to notify the Subjects in advance, unless otherwise required by law.
8. Privacy, Security and Data Protection
ETRA undertakes to ensure that there are adequate levels of protection of Data.
Subjects’ Data will be transmitted to and stored on ETRA's servers, access to which is strictly limited. ETRA has taken the appropriate technical and organisational precautions to ensure that its servers are accessible exclusively to duly authorised persons, as well as special precautions about the protection of its technical environment (e. g. use of anti-viruses and Firewalls).
9. Rights of the Subjects
In accordance with the applicable regulations, Subjects may exercise the following rights with respect to their data in connection with the processing of Data:
- Right to request access to stored Data;
- Right to request the rectification of stored Data;
- Right to request the deletion of stored Data, subject to the applicable legal provisions on data retention;
- Right to request a limitation of the processing of stored Data, subject to the applicable legal provisions regarding the processing of data; and
- Right to request a prohibition on the processing of stored Data, subject to the applicable legal provisions regarding the processing of data.
Even if a Subject contests the processing of its Data, ETRA is entitled to continue such processing if it is (i) legally binding, (ii) necessary for the performance of an Agreement to which the Subject might be party, (iii) necessary for the performance of legal obligations in compliance with proceeding of public interest or (iv) necessary for the legitimate interests that ETRA pursues, including the finding, exercise or defense of a right in justice.
The exercise of any right set forth in the paragraph shall be carried out in accordance with the communication provisions of paragraph 11 (Communication and Remarks) below.
10. Children’s privacy
The protection of personal data of children and adolescents is of particular concern to ETRA. The ETRA Platforms and their content are not directed at children under the age of 13. ETRA recommends that parents discuss the use of the Internet and the provision of personal data on websites with their children before allowing minors between 13 and 16 to navigate through ETRA Platforms.
ETRA will never knowingly collect personal data from or about children under 13 and will only knowingly collect personal data from minors between 13 and 18 where parental permission has been obtained as required by applicable law.
Subjects may delete cookies via their browser settings and change their preferences anytime when visiting ETRA’s website. However, this may impair the use of the website or social media. It may also prevent from accessing some content on our website, unless Subjects’ access credentials are submitted once again.
12. Communication and Remarks
If you have any questions about ETRA's data protection, a detailed message can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and ETRA will address them as soon as possible.
You may exercise any of your rights related to Personal Data (paragraph 9) by sending your request to the aforementioned address.
ETRA is constantly evolving and this Notice and the Terms and Conditions may change. Unless otherwise stated, our Notice applies to the use of all information collected about any Subject.
ETRA Promotion GmbH
Georg Fuchs, Rolf Werner
Disclaimer / Legal notice
Information contained within this website is duly reviewed and maintained by ETRA Promotion GmbH on a regular basis. Despite our efforts to include accurate and complete information, content may be subject to change. ETRA Promotion GmbH does not assume any liability or guarantee the timeliness, accuracy and/or completeness of the information provided.
ETRA Promotion GmbH links to several outside websites via hyperlinks. ETRA Promotion GmbH assumes no liability or warranty for the contents and the privacy policies of such websites that can be accessed through such hyperlinks.
ETRA Promotion GmbH reserves the right to change or amend the information provided at any time and without prior notice.